This service is aimed primarily at emerging companies wishing to expand into a new international geography; typically a US firm wanting to come into European markets or vice versa.
In these circumstances, budget constraints will often mandate a minimum number of initial hires with an emphasis on individual contributing sales executives, rather than on senior management. There are a number of options to consider as summarised in the diagram opposite, and it might well be that you would benefit from some form of interim management. If so, we can help.
If instructed, we do not presume that our client does not know how to manage their own sales organisation, and our aim is not to lecture you on the basics. What we recognise is that the logistical problems involving distance and time zones make it impossible for a manager, no matter how experienced, to closely monitor and manage a remote international sales office.
We can fill this void by providing local sales management on a temporary consultative basis. The specifics of each engagement are agreed on a case by case basis, but usually cover some or all of the following:
- Hiring against plan
- Sales Management – forecasting, call rate, regulation, structure, contracts
- Networking to help identify and close business at key target accounts, peer to peer negotiations with customers
- Establish sales target for the early trading period
- Prioritise markets for the early trading period
- Most effective sales model; Direct/indirect strategy; Partner strategy, identification and relationship
- Marketing; Lead generation, brand marketing, agencies